Friday, November 13, 2009

Day 42: 323 days left…89 books to go!

Leviticus 22-27  The last 5 chapters...

  •  Mostly, I found these chapters to have more unrelatable content to present-day living...but here are a few verses with some poetry or subtance to them...
    • "Keep my commands and follow them.  I am the Lord.  Do not profane my holy name."  Chapter 22, Verse 31
    • "If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, I will send you rain in its season, and the ground will yield its crops and the trees of the field their fruit."  Chapter 26, Verses 3 & 4 
    • "I will grant peace in the land, and you will lie down and no one will make you afraid.  I will remove savage beasts from the land, and the sword will not pass through your country.  You will pursue your enemies and they will fall by the sword before you."  Verses 6 & 7
    • "I will look on you with favor and make you fruitful and increase your numbers, and I will keep my covenant with you."  Verse 9
    • "I will walk among you and be your God, and you will be my people."  Verse 12
Acts 7-9:31  Living in Fear of the Lord...

  • Jam-packed chapters just as the first 6 were....such an enthralling book!  
    • "At that time Moses was born, and he was no ordinary child."  Chapter 7, Verse 20  God grant me the ability & wisdom to raise a child who is everything but ordinary & useful for your kingdom...
    • "However, the Most High does not live in houses made by men." Verse 48
    • "You stiff-necked people, with uncircumcised hearts and ears!  You are just like your fathers:  You always resist the Holy Spirit."  Verse 51
    • At Stephen's stoning...he prayed out to God to receive his spirit and cried out, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them."  Verse 60  I can't imagine having the fortitude of character & faith in God's justice to ask Him to not hold such a grievance against my "enemies"....it's unreal to be able to see past such hurt and forgive....
    • "Those who had been scattered preached the word wherever they went."  Chapter 8, Verse 4
    • The final verse in this reading talks of the people throughout Judea, Galilee & Samaria at the time of Saul's conversion and how they were, "...strengthened; and encouraged by the Holy Spirit...grew in numbers, living in the fear of the Lord."  Chapter 9, Verse 31  That is what I see lacking in my life and the lives of many who are close to me....we don't live in fear of God...we abuse our freedom to live for ourselves and however we choose....and it's crippling.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment