Friday, November 20, 2009

Day 49: 316 days left…88 books to go!

Numbers 7-17
  • The first few chapters of today's readings are mostly unrelatable details...
    • "At the Lord's command they encamped, and at the Lord's command they set out."  Chapter 9, Verse 23  If only we did everything by the Lord's command today...instead of @ our own whim & choosing...
    • "When you go into battle in your own land against an enemy who is oppressing you, sound a blast on the trumpets.  Then you will be remembered by the Lord your God and rescued from your enemies."  Chapter 10, Verse 9
    • "For the Lord has promised good things to Israel."  Verse 29
    • "Is the Lord's arm too short?  You will now see whether or not what I say will come true for you."  Chapter 11, Verse 23
    • "Now Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth."  Chapter 12, Verse 3
    • "When a prophet of the Lord is among you, I reveal myself to him in visions.  I speak to him in dreams.  But this is not true of my servant Moses; he is faithful in all my house.  With him I speak face to face, clearly and not in riddles; he sees the form of the Lord.  Why then were you not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?"  Verses 6-8  Don't mess with those whom God speaks to face to face....!
    • "How long will these people treat me with contempt?  How long will they refuse to believe in me, in spite of all the miraculous signs I have performed among them?"  Chapter 14, Verse 11
    •  "The Lord is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and rebellion."  Verse 18 
Acts 11-13
  • Peter was so in-tune with the Holy Spirit...it's incredible..."The Spirit told me to have no hesitation about going with them."  Chapter 11, Verse 12  He so clearly understood the Holy Spirit's prompting & was confident in that...
  • "As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit came on them as he had come on us at the beginning.  Then I remembered what the Lord had said: 'John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.'  So if God gave them the same gift as he gave us, who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to think that I could oppose God?"  Verses 15-17  I appreciate Peter's humility in saying, "Who was I to think that I could oppose God?"  Many of us think we're really somebody & question God on all fronts..."So then, God has granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life."  Verse 18  Good thing, "even the Gentiles"  because anyone who isn't Jewish, is a Gentile...so that's me!  And even I can now have repentance! 
  • "The Lord's hand was with them, and a great number of people believed and turned to the Lord."  Verse 21
  • "When he arrived and saw the evidence of the grace of God, he was glad and encouraged them all to remain true to the Lord with all their hearts.  He was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and faith, and a great number of people were brought to the Lord...the disciples were called Christians first at Antioch."  Verses 23, 24 & 26
  • "Suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared and a light shone in the cell.  He struck Peter on the side and woke him up.  'Quick, get up!'  he said, and the chains fell off Peter's wrists."  Chapter 12, Verse 7
  •  "Now I know without a doubt that the Lord sent his angel and rescued me from Herod's clutches and from everything the Jewish people were anticipating."  Verse 11
  • "Therefore, my brothers, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you.  Through him everyone who believes is justified from everything you could not be justified from by the law of Moses."  Chapter 13, Verses 38 & 39
  • "We had to speak the word of God to you first.  Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.  For this is what the Lord has commanded us:  'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.'"  Verses 46 & 47

No comments:

Post a Comment