Sunday, October 18, 2009

Day 16: 349 days left…96 books to go!

Genesis 44 & 45:  Joseph makes himself known to his brothers
  • It's amazing to me how Joseph holds no bitterness against his brothers for torturing him, selling him into slavery & abandoning him....at this point in the story, he has risen to greatness in Egypt, but he spent years as a slave and in prison after his brothers betrayed him, and yet he says with graciousness, "I am your brother Joseph, the one you sold into Egypt!  And now, do not be distressed and do not be angry with yourselves for selling me here, because it was to save lives that God sent me ahead of you...But God sent me ahead of you to preserve for you a remnant on earth and to save your lives by a great deliverance.  So then, it was not you who sent me here, but God.  He made me father to Pharoh, lord of his entire household and ruler of all Egypt."  Chapter 45 Verses 4-8
    • May all of us be able to see the good God has brought together in the seemingly negative circumstances in our lives & give Him alone the glory, holding no bitterness or blame on those who've harmed us....

No comments:

Post a Comment