Friday, October 23, 2009

Day 21: 344 days left…95 books to go!

Exodus 7:25-9  More Plagues on Egypt...
  • After the Plague of Gnats, "The magician said to Pharoh, 'This is the finger of God.'"  Chapter 8, Verse 19  The finger of God is likely an ever-present phenomena in our daily lives, not just in outrageous miracles...if we only opened our eyes more to see....
    • I acknowledge the finger of God working in my life today...I received a paycheck from my work, even though I've been off for over 2 months waiting for a uniform and was under the impression that I'd been cut-off of payroll and although I'll admit the thought of going back to work now that I'm 5 months pregnant stresses me out completely if I dwell on the though too long...parts of my uniform have finally arrived and I should be able to complete my work in November...God's reminded me today that there's more power in his finger than I can imagine & He uses it to work in my life as much as He did in biblical times in Egypt. If I can stop worrying & trust in Him with our finances & our future...I can trust that He'll get me through November, whether I have to drag my but into the air & fly a few times or not...Moment to count my blessings:
        • I have had the most luxurious pregnancy thus far that anyone could hope for...although there's been some stress involved & I was meant to be working...the very bright side is, that I have not taken for granted...I've been @ home resting for most of my pregnancy....wow!  Not a small thing, & I send that out to the heavens...THANK YOU!
  • After the Plague of Hail, the 7th Plague that God sent to Egypt to convince Pharoh to let the Israelites go, the Lord says to Moses to tell Pharoh, "For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the earth.  But I have raised you up for this purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth."  Chapter 9, Verses 15 &16  You never know how God is using someone for a great purpose...even someone who is seemingly evil...
  • Pharoh's response to this is, "This time I have sinned...The Lord is in the right, and I and my people are in the wrong."  Verse 27  And yet his heart is again hardened and the 8th Plague comes....
Matthew 17:14-18:14  
  •  "Because you have so little faith, I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard see, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move.  Nothing will be impossible for you."  Chapter 17, Verses 20 & 21  How small must our faith be...smaller than a mustard seed...
  • I typed these verses about little children up into posters for Baby Zion's room...or maybe I'll convince my husband to paint canvases about them....!
    • "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.  Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.  And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me."  Chapter 18, Verses 3-5
    • "If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off?...In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost."  Verse 12 & 14

No comments:

Post a Comment