Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 6: 359 days left, 99 books to go!

  • Personal Status:  Up WAY earlier than usual this morning as I'm heading-out to visit my good friend Erin & her boy....
  • Baby Status:  Baby is 20 weeks along today....woohoo!!!

   READING:
  •  Will have to wait until this afternoon when I get back.....!

  • Back now!  Ha, ha, ha....hilarious day to be out driving around both on the highway & in town....roads are terrible!  Above is the large snow-filled tree that fills the view from the window where I sit...!  But I had a lovely visit!  Such a blessing to have friends in the same phase of life AND a little ahead so they can fill me up with advice!


  • Genesis 23-24:  "...and the Lord had blessed him in every way."  Chapter 24, Verse 1  Of Abraham.....  I do feel blessed in SO many ways....but wow, every way....that's phenomenal....




    • Matthew 7:7-29  Of the Pharisees..."These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.  They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.  You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men."  Verses 6-8   We are SO bombarded every day with rules taught by men and men's traditions.....it's so easy to get caught-up in that & think we're in the right but so much of the wisdom of God is foolishness to man and much of man's wisdom is truly foolishness.....
    www.bible.com 





    • Simple Abundance  A Passion for Beauty  "Beauty was calling to me, not objects."  I found that to be good advice...instead of shelling-out $45 for a decorating book she wanted, Sarah bought some inexpensive flower arrangements because she realized it wasn't the book she was coveting, it was a thirst for beauty.....Low-Middle Class North Americans, at least in the circles I've been accustomed to, are extremely spoiled with beauty in our lives...we need to be reminded that buying things won't necessarily increase any joy...but we can easily re-arrange spaces or put more emphasis on various aspects of our homes to increase the aesthetic value.....it's SO true!   www.simpleabundance.com

      • In fact...we recently moved into a new rental that is a major upgrade from our old place...but shortly after moving-in, I found that I didn't feel nearly as "at home" in the new place as I had in the old one....it was actually my husband who put two & two together that it might be because we hadn't set aside a specific space for me in the new place...no little corner of my own with my "girl" things set about.....so after being away working for a weekend, I came home to find a space all prepared by my husband in a very ideal spot in our living room, (shown above) ready for me to tweek & add the finishing touches too.....Such a sweet thing for him to do and it has made ALL THE DIFFERENCE in my enjoyment of our new place.....it's by FAR my favorite place in the house and has added ridiculous amounts of joy to my daily life.......Such an easy thing that cost $0 but completely engaged my passion for beauty & sense of self & purpose..........



      • The Love Dare:  Love Believes the Best  "Love choose to believe the best about people.  It gives them the benefit of the doubt.  It refuses to fill in the unknown with negative assumptions."  This takes great effort not just with Jay but in many relationships...I find it all too easy many times to immediately think badly of someone or "assume" they're thinking is in the wrong place....I want to learn to see the best in people more often...I do believe that the more I think about & speak about the good things in people, the better they will gradually become to me and to their credit...
        • Today's Dare:  To write out one list of the positive things I appreciate about Jay and one list of the negative things I do not appreciate about him and set them aside for a future project.....       thelovedarebook.com


        • A Tale of Two Cities:  It is heating up!  The mob just stormed the Bastille....I can't wait to pick it up here & keep truckin' through!
          • THIS JUST IN!!!  I'M FINISHED!!!!  WILL BLOG ABOUT IT ON TOMORROW'S POST!!!!!  WOOHOO!!!!!  And I finished a day early too!
                         A Tale of Two Cities

        No comments:

        Post a Comment