Sunday, October 25, 2009

Day 23: 342 days left…94 books to go!

The Love Dare  Love vs. Lust
  •  "The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever.- 1 John 2:17
    • the last part of that verse was necessary for me to hear today..."the one who does the will of God"...I have opportunities today as I do every day to choose my will over God's....my selfish, worldly need to stand up for myself or my rights or what I feel I'm entitled to from other people...but that's not always in the best interest of God's will.....good reminder.....
  The chapter was actually on lusts that get in the way of our marriage & our fulfillment though...although Jay & I don't feel that we have current struggles with sexual lusts...there was the point that, "We see what others have and we want it.  Our hearts are deceived into saying, 'I could be happy if I only had this."  And that statement can be true about me...I often think we'll be happier when the baby comes, or when we pay off this loan or when Jay graduates and starts working and has a salary, or when we can afford to travel, etc.  But material things or worldly statuses will not fill us the way God can.

No comments:

Post a Comment