Monday, October 19, 2009

Day 17: 348 days left…96 books to go!

Genesis 46-50  Jacob goes to Egypt, Jacob blesses his sons, Jacob & Joseph pass-on
  • I found it interesting how God assures Jacob that it is safe to move to Egypt, although knowing what happens to the Israelites during the time of Moses, it seems that the move to Egypt led to tragedy.  "And God spoke to Israel in a vision at night and said, 'Jacob!  Jacob!...I am God, the God of your father...Do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for I will make you into a great nation there.  I will go down to Egypt with you, and I will surely bring you back again."  Chapter 46 Verses 2-4  
  • And at this point, Goshen was considered a choice place to settle in Egyptian territory..."...settle your father and your brothers in the best part of the land.  Let them live in Goshen."  said Pharoh to Joseph...Chapter 47 Verse 6  "Now the Israelites settled in Egypt in the region of Goshen.  They acquired property there and were fruitful and increased greatly in number."  Verse 27
  •  I love the blessings given back in these days....makes me think of formal blessings I could pray over our son...Jacob gives this blessing to Joseph's sons..."May the God before whom my fathers Abraham and Issac walked, the God who has been my shepherd all my life to this day, the Angel who has delivered me from all harm- may he bless these boys.  May they be called by my name and the names of my fathers Abraham and Issac and may they increase greatly upon the earth."  Chapter 48 Verses 15 &16
  • After Jacob dies, Joseph's brothers are again worried that Joseph's favor of them will run out, but again Joseph assures them, "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives."  Chapter 50 Verse 20
    • THE BOOK OF GENESIS IS NOW COMPLETE!!!!
Matthew 13: 44- 14: 36
  • So many momentous events in today's reading...Jesus tells more parables, Jesus arrives in his hometown and the people there have no faith in Him, Jesus feeds the 5,000 and Jesus & Peter walk on water together.....wow!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment