Thursday, October 22, 2009

Day 20: 345 days left…95 books to go!

Exodus 3-7:24  Moses and the Burning Bush, Moses Returns to Egypt, God Promises Deliverance...and the Plagues begin....
  • "Then the angel of the Lord appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush.  Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up.  So Moses thought, 'I will go over and see this strange sight- why the bush does not burn up.'...God called to him from within the bush, 'Moses!  Moses!'...Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.  Then He said, 'I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.  At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God."  Chapter 3, Verses 2-6  If only we acknowledged more often, that we stand on holy ground....because God is everywhere...
  • "So now, go.  I am sending you to Pharoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt."  Verse 10  I wonder how many times God has asked me to, "Go!" that I simply haven't heard.....and I can only guess how many times I HAVE up & gone without asking Him if it's what He wishes....
  • "The LORD, the God of your fathers- the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob- has sent me to you.  This is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation."  Verse 15
  • "O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant.  I am slow of speech and tongue.  The Lord said to him, 'Who gave man his mouth?  Who makes him deaf or mute?  Who gives his sight or makes him blind?  Is it not I, the LORD?  Now go; I will help you speak and I will teach you what to say.'"  Chapter 4, Verses 10-12  It's a good reminder that Moses was just another human man, with no more spiritual ability than any of us...and God equips all of us to simply, 'Go!' provided that we trust in Him for our strength & guidance....
  • Pharoh's response is to be expected..."Who is the LORD, that I should obey him and let Israel go?  I do not know the LORD and I will not let Israel go."  Chapter 5, Verse 2  It's right for Pharoh to admit that he doesn't know the LORD...too many people today claim to know Him and don't......my attempt is to not be one of them....
  • "'I am the LORD...and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm...I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God.  Then you will know that I am the LORD your God.'"  Chapter 6, Verses 6-7
Matthew 15:29-17:13  
  • It seems crazy that after witnessing so many miracles by Jesus, the disciples still worry about having enough bread..."...you of little faith,"  Chapter 16, Verse 8  But then again, isn't that how I am with my faith continually?  God teaches me something, or I am blessed with a time of closeness with Him because I choose to invest time in the relationship...and then I inevitably fall away...stop investing the time...stop looking to learn....I'm the same....
  • I have always been affected by these words Jesus says to Peter...I used to have them on a poster in my room when I was younger...they're so powerful (even if I don't fully understand what they mean)..."...and on this rock I will build my church and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.  I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven;"  Chapter 16, Verses 18-19
  • "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.  For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it.  What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul?  Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?  For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done."  Chapter 16, Verses 24-28  Every day, I focus on fulfilling myself rather than denying to follow Christ.....I feel that I hold on to my life so tightly...when all it is, is a gift from God to be used for Him...we all want to "gain the whole world"...but at what cost?

No comments:

Post a Comment